Tuesday, June 10, 2008

News of the century

I come to you today, high up on cloud number nine. The air is fresh up here and there is not sign of bleakness or storms anywhere in sight. While all of you are nicely grounded, I dance on my cloud, hoarse in the throat from screaming and sore in the face from the permanent smile that has affixed itself.

I think a few posts back i mentioned that I had some stuff going on that i could not talk about.. well.. it was not that i couldn't, it was that i wouldn't, in case i jinxed myself..

well.. today, its official.... i cant jinx myself... and I'm just so deliriously happy...

As some would know, Ive had a dream for a very long time now to become a nurse in either the medical field or an associated field. I have looked into veterinary science, medical and dental.. and all three have their ups and downs... my recent realisation that I'm allergic to cats has made it difficult to follow the veterinary side of things and my inability to function around vomit has always been a concern for working with the ailing... SO... that leaves Dental.
I have just been offered a wonderful full time position and opportunity which i would be stupid to refuse, working for one of the leading companies in Australia, & training as one of their dental nurses... I will be leaving my family behind while i head off to start my training in a few weeks time... and then, returning to Melbourne where i will be working full time while studying at RMIT to become fully qualified.

The world is my oyster... and... this is proof that if you dream big enough and dream long enough, anything can be yours!

:)

PS: I will update y'all on my weekends class and give you some blog candy to look at soon... today though.. im celebrating as you can imagine...

4 comments:

miss~nance said...

Very exciting news Sandra - I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

well good for you! *hugs ya* That IS exciting.

I really need to check back here more often. We were gone from home for awhile.

I know you will do well. I am proud of you. I know your family is too.

Love ya lots

Miss cath said...

Doing the happy dane here too sweetie
(it's okay - I'm tucked away in the lounge room so no-one can see me bopping around in my un-co style!)

Louise said...

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)